How to report Street Lights, Pot Holes etc

Aren’t computers wonderful things altogether?

You can do so much now without even leaving the house – including reporting to the Council that the street light outside your house has just gone on the blink!

All you have to do is log on to .  Put in your address, and the map will zoom right in to your street. Every light will be market with a blue dot (if it’s looked after by the Council.  If it’s not ‘taken in charge’ by the Council, it’s shown in red).  Click on your offending light, and off an email goes to the Council to inform them of the fault.

Here’s a video to explain the whole thing step by step in case you need it: http://monaghan-moss1/Energy Usage/Forms/AllItems.aspx?RootFolder=%2fEnergy%20Usage%2fThe%20How%20To%20Folder&FolderCTID=&View=%7b8A5CB425%2dC684%2d4177%2dB757%2d6477AA303A17%7d

Got a pot hole problem?

Or maybe an overflowing drain, a broken kerbstone, or a manhole cover that rattles every time a car goes over it?

You can bring it to the Council’s attention, and even post photos of the problem, on

You can bring any problem in a physical location to the Council’s attention through FixMyStreet, including illegal dumping, a tree that needs to be removed, a wall in a dangerous condition, an abandoned car…….

So, two more apps for the smartphone!

Have fun 🙂